Friday, July 31, 2009

Boomswitch

I don't think I've ever run as good as I have the last 2k hands. Not at all in terms of all-in EV, just hitting flops and getting paid off, every hero call being correct, every bluff getting a fold. It was so extreme that I actually got kinda spooked and when i finally lost a couple decent pots in a row I shut down my session a little earlier than usual less the pendulum was due to swing the other way. Such acts of cowardice will not be okay should I take on the Supernova Elite pursuit.

Speaking of which, I've been having a hard time getting a sense for how hard it's going to be because my computer just can't handle the mass tabling. It's normally fine up to about a dozen, and sometimes more to like 15-16, but never beyond that. So I went down to the computer store today on West Broadway to get a quote for building a PC expressly for poker purposes.

It is honestly hard to believe, when you go into that computer store on West Broadway, that these are the actual people that work there. That it hasn't actually been staffed by a casting agency. Cause to the last man they fit the exact profile of what you would expect to encounter.

And to the last man, they definitely think I'm an idiot. It's not just that I don't know the answers, I don't even really know the questions. And as you stammer through trying to explain what you're looking for you get kind of nervous and start making less sense. Fortunately my particular Poindexter was gracious in his dismissiveness, so it wasn't too painful. My personal low light was when I was trying to ask if it came with WiFi and somehow ended up getting an explanation of how you have to call an Internet Service Provider, that the whole world wide web was not actually preloaded onto the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment