Thursday, July 23, 2009

Coming Out Of A Funk

I've been grumpy lately. Trying not to be, I swear. But I just have had this very short fuse, where everything might be going along fine and something relatively minor happens and I'm just instantly in a piss poor mood. Reminds me of a few periods in my life where things were kind of shit, and you can divert yourself from it for a bit, but ultimately it's always hanging over your head. Only things aren't shit.

But they are, I guess, stressful. Lots going on. Lots of stuff that, on the surface at least, seems worth furrowing your brow over. For whatever reason, though, I think I'm coming out of it. Cross your fingers (if not for my sake, for the sake of my life and travel companions).

One unfortunate byproduct of my recent mood is I just feel zero motivation to exercise. As exercising is a great way to enhance your mood, this obviously creates a circle that, while maybe not quite vicious, definitely has a bite. I didn't even pack workout gear for this brief little road trip we're on now. It's not a good sign if you can't even be bothered to pretend you might workout. I do have my running shoes with me, on account of I was wearing shorts and the Spanish Flip Flops were giving me blisters. So if we find time I think I will go out for a quick jog in just whatever clothes I can afford to sweatify. I am pretty sure that the schedule won't allow it, but at least I'm back to pretending I might. Baby steps, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment