Friday, July 17, 2009

Time Travel

I flew from SLC to Pocatello on the Enola Gay the other day. I swear. Or maybe the Spruce Goose. One of the two. It was me and a bunch of mormons returning from their missions. They were in sharp suits, straight out of Mad Men. The plane's ceiling was about five feet high. I don't think they had tall people yet back when it was made. It didn't crash, but it really seemed like it wanted to. It's probably tired.

When we got to the Pocatello airport, which is impossibly small, there were just tons of people there welcoming home the mormon missionaries. They had signs and flowers. I watched one mormon missionary have an awkward hug/handshake with his grandfather. It was sweet. I wish I had a living grandfather to awkwardly hug.

I did have three band members come to pick me up/go to Sizzler. Later I tried to go to Harry Potter, not because I wanted to but because I didn't want not to. There was a huge line, tho, so instead we went to Monsters versus Aliens at the cheap theater. June Carter Cash was looking good in that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment