Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Avert Your Glance, Reba, It's A Poker Blog

Had a +$1k day today on Stars, my best day since switching sites. Started the day on a mix of 50 and 100NL, but spent most of it on just 100NL (having crossed a threshold on my strict bankroll requirements). I did take a couple horrendous beats, the most heinous of which was when I flopped a set of 8's to my opponents set of 3's only to have him turn quads. That blew. But I can't complain cause I ran great overall.

One hand I opened 76s suited OTB. A guy who seemed like maybe a weak regular 3bet and I decided to take a flop as we were fairly deep. Flop came 568r, he cbet and I committed myself with a raise. He made a marginal (imo) but obviously correct shove with pocket 10's, and I caught a 4 on the river.

The biggest hand of the day I opened 88 from the CO and was 3bet by a guy OTB who had a huge VPIP but a tiny 3bet %. We were about 175BB deep. Easy call even out of position, and I loved the 854r flop. I c/c'd a the flop and checked again when another 5 hit the turn. After he bet again I as unsure what line was best, but ultimately I don't think it mattered. He was not capable of folding his overpair and I dragged a nice 350BB pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment