Friday, September 25, 2009

Trading Leaks

Not sure why, but my persistent pre flop leaks have improved a TON this month. In the past when I've struggled with specific spots like this, it's felt like I've worked on them forever with little to no improvement, then very suddenly hit a point where they got way better and it never looked back. So fingers crossed that's the case here and I can move on to new things to fix.

Speaking of which, I am costing myself unnecessary $ pretty regularly by peeling too many flops and giving up on too many turns. I mean, if I'm gonna peel with second pair, I can't just fold every time he fires a blank turn. Which is more or less what I'm doing right now. The problem has developed because with the mass tabling I have less detailed reads, and right now using poker co-pilot it's even worse (they don't have a turn cbet stat, among other problems).

I'm not entirely sure how to fix it, whether I should be raising a few more flops with marginal holdings, or continuing on more turns (either peeling again, or raising). I don't really think the actual number of flops I'm calling is too high in a vacuum, it's just that I'm doing it too often without a clear plan for the rest of the hand. For now folding more flops will put me in these spots less often and hopefully leave me more energy/focus/whatever to handle them better. If I start feeling like I am handling it better, maybe I'll start floating a bit more again.

No comments:

Post a Comment