Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bad Calls Gone Good

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/850646

Actually, I don’t even know if it’s a bad call. I just know that if I take this line I am paying off a lot and kind of flying in the dark. Maybe that’s fine, but I don’t really feel like it’s a good line overall. Maybe bet/call turn is better.

The thinking, for what it’s worth, is by c/c’ing the turn I put some bluffs in his range (if he was floating the flop, he’s definitely bluffing this turn) and allow myself a chance to hit my 10-outer when he does have the flush.

I was inclined to fold the river, but I just thought I’d seemed so weak that his range was not necessarily that polarized. I wasn’t only beating bluffs. He could be value betting his two pair type hands or even a rivered top pair, if he’s inclined to VB thin. Which I believe he probably is.

Yet c/c’ing two streets just seems bad. I dunno. Poker is hard.

1 comment:

  1. If he was OOP, I'd be more likely to give him credit for the flush there. I think you're looking at two pair more often than flushes.

    You can embed visuals from PokerHandReplays by the way. Easier for blog readers if you do.

    ReplyDelete