Monday, September 14, 2009

Elevator

Got in the elevator this afternoon and there were already four people on it. It was kind of awkward. You know the way elevators can be.

So I felt self-conscious, and just for something to do looked at my watch. Only I wasn't wearing one. But I wasn't looking to really see the time, I was just looking to kill a couple floors. So I didn't immediately clue in that I wasn't wearing one. And by the time I did clue in, I had been looking at my wrist kind of a long time for somebody not wearing a watch. And I kept looking even longer as I considered whether there was some kind of maneuver I could do now that would make it less weird that I was staring at a non-existent watch for several seconds.

I couldn't think of anything, so I just put my wrist back down. Then I pretended to check my iPhone for new email, even though there is no reception in the elevator shaft.

No comments:

Post a Comment