Monday, September 21, 2009

No More Results

I've decided I will no longer post poker results in this blog.  I don't think I have posted results that much, anyway, but I am going to make a total point of not commenting on big winning or losing sessions.  There are a number of reasons for this decision.  Here are a few of them:

- there's a guy in the cardplayer forums right now (as there often is) going off about how terrible he's been running.  he sounds like a complete idiot who does not understand the first thing about poker.  i do not want to be that guy.
- i aint superstitious, but nothing brings on a doomswitch quicker than a brag session.  even if it's just in my head, something seems to go wrong as soon as i say it's going right.
- it's kind of garish to talk about how much you make in general, why talk about in poker?
- the 'results' posts don't paint an accurate picture of how things are going anyway, as I tend to post more about it when variance is punishing me than when it's going swimmingly.
- too many posts that start 'i'm running bad', or, 'i'm on a heater' gets old.  i'd like to post more about specific hands, or at least strategies and approaches.  the occasional variance blog is okay, cause it's obviously a huge part of poker and it really does blow my feeble little mind fairly regularly, but it shouldn't make up the majority of my poker blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment