Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Outlet Pass

I have a recurring waking dream, where I'm playing floor hockey. I pick up a loose ball deep in my own end and there's a teammate sneaking behind the opposing defense in the opposite corner of the gym, and I hit him with a tape to tape pass. Most of the time that's where it stops, although occasionally my teammate is allowed to finish the play (he always scores, top shelf). The scene often pops into my head when I'm trying to sleep, and also just during general daydreaming. Probably average about 10 viewings a day. It's like getting a song stuck in your head, only not quite as maddening. Not pleasant either, just kind of whatever. I guess I find it kind of peculiar, when i reflect on it.

Also, the number 52,463 pops in my head all the time. Normally with a dollar sign.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of my brother's laser confession, that he is/was often bouncing imaginary lasers off of objects in a room.

    ReplyDelete