Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Dirty One

Wanted to post one hand, but decided to leave my CD-eulogizing blog alone. So here, two blogs in the span of mere minutes.

I like posting hands where I suck out terribly because it makes me remember them all the more clearly, which in turn helps me to tilt less when it happens to me. This guy must have kicked his cat. He had a 3bet number through the roof and I decided to flat and then check/shove innocuous flops. I didn't think it through at all, and in retrospect it's not a good plan for myriad reasons (not just ROT). Bit of a brain cramp, really. But regardless, that was my determined strategy, however foolish it may have been. Here's what happened.

Poker Stars $100.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/218156
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $100.00
BTN: $100.20
SB: $129.05
BB: $124.50
Hero (UTG): $101.50

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is UTG with 5d 5h
Hero raises to $3.50, CO raises to $12, 3 folds, Hero calls $8.50

Flop: ($25.50) 9s 4d 2c (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $18.00, Hero raises to $89.50, CO calls $70 all in

Turn: 2h

River: 5c

Final Pot: $201.50
CO shows Ah Ad
Hero shows 5d 5h
Hero wins $199.50
(Rake: $2.00)

Anyway, it kick started what had been a sluggish session, and the PokerStars upswing continues. I've been playing a little bit at FT just to clear a bonus, and it's been going as bad there as it is good at Stars. Man, those bonuses are marketing genius, cause there's no way I'm not clearing it, even though I'm down more than it's worth.

1 comment:

  1. Hey bro if you're going to post hand histories in your blog, use something like pokerhandreplays.com or whatever site makes cute little animated things for blogs.

    ReplyDelete