Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Dude Abides

We got hired to play a fancy to-do at a resort in Montana tonight and we were told there would be some Hollywood celebrities in the crowd. An edict was put out that there should be no photos taken, and I was like, yeah, whatever, I think I can control myself.

But then, in line for Roast Beast, there he was. The Dude. Jeff Bridges.

So I got out my iPhone and told Reba to stand in between the actor and myself and I pretended to take a photo of her (a ruse destined to work, of course, despite the fact that I was pointing the lens nowhere near her). Unfortunately the iPhone takes total shit photos (except when it doesn’t – very still, good light, whatever, they’re actually really good, but this situation did not meet those requirements). So the photo was considerably -- and I mean considerably -- worse than that travesty of me and Buckwheat Zydeco in Northern Michigan. I coulda tried again, I suppose, but I was already aware that a) I was breaking the rules; and, more importantly, b) I was dorking it up pretty good trying to take clandestine pictures.

I guess if I want to look at pictures of Jeff Bridges I’ll just have to google him.

No comments:

Post a Comment