Sunday, February 28, 2010

Brace Yourself

One hour to the Gold Medal hockey game. I don't even want to think about how nuts it's going to be down here if Canada wins. Last night was the definite peak of two weeks of madness, but I have a feeling it won't compare to what'll happen tonight. I just hope people don't get stupid, win or lose. Anybody who thinks a hockey game is a good reason to riot has got serious issues, but you know, it only takes an idiot or two to get things going.

After the game we're gonna brave the crowds and walk down the couple blocks to BC Place and the Closing Ceremony. Katy came through with the ducats for that one. It's good to know people, thanks Katy! Then hopefully our building's still standing afterwards...

Grandma Dunnet and Harry are coming over to watch the game and then watch Henry while we go to the closing ceremony. He's been a little extra fussy, especially this morning which is strange cause so far he's a morning baby. But then Rachel spotted the white of his first tooth peeking through. So that explains that!

Oh, and I hit the 20% mark in my pursuit of Elite. Pretty happy I managed to stay ahead of pace amidst the Olympic madness. (with the cash we've been blowing through entertaining and whatnot, I kinda had no choice).

No comments:

Post a Comment