Monday, June 8, 2009

A Boy

I used to hear all the time about how Vancouver’s Chinatown was the second largest in North America. I think behind San Francisco’s, or maybe LA’s. I dunno. I never hear about it anymore. Maybe it’s old news. Maybe we’ve slipped to third or fourth. Maybe Vancouver just has more to brag about these days. Whatever it is, I practically forget that I live only maybe half a dozen blocks from North America's X-largest Chinatown. It's pretty interesting, actually. I should visit more often.

Got down there today cause that's where the ultrasound clinic is located. We were told that there would be no revealing of the sex because we're not yet at 20 weeks. So we're still not sure, but the clinician did point out our child's penis on the ultrasound screen. So it's not official, but we have our suspicions.

I pretty much knew it was going to be a boy, except for that whole thing of "I'm sure it's a boy so it's probably a girl". So the reverse psychology double switcheroo surprise didn't happen, which makes me officially surprised. Seeing my little guy flailing about in there, kicking and waving and whatnot, does kick things up a notch on the 'feeling real' meter. And it was already plenty high. Strange to feel so much affection for a computer screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment