Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Random Poker Notes

-- been moving a lot between 200NL and 100NL with my yo-yo of a bankroll. it seems to me the regs are much, much tougher at 200NL but it is maybe even a little easier to find extremely bad fish. when i table select between the two levels, i find it hard to avoid the 200NL tables just because there seem to be more of them with spewtards. whether that, in the long run, makes up for the fact that the regulars destroy me, i'm not sure.

-- a line i see all the time at 100NL but don't seem to see as often at 200NL is c/r flop and then giving up on the turn. against certain player types I think it's profitable to call flop c/r with ATC and fire the turn if they check. i also notice that a huge amount of my c/r's get called, but not very often does the turn get called if i barrel. so i think other people are noticing how prevalent this line is as well. i think going for a turn c/r after c/r'ing the flop is a very effective value line right now, especially if the turn bet would be remotely close to committing villain.

-- i float too much. have noticed some of the reg's have started to c/r me on the turn. i'm probably going to have to start getting it in lighter in those spots, which kind of sucks. suppose i could float less too.

-- it should be obvious, but all these hands later it's finally fully sinking in that I can value bet the 40/8 three streets relatively light, but if they play back at me my TPWK is no good. probably TPTK is no good. about three or four times lately I've have AK on an K-10-4 or K-8-2 rainbow board and had a calling station jam all-in for like 80 bb's over my cbet. i always snap off, and it's always two pair. i don't mind that if the guy's a maniac, but if his AF is like 0.6 I'm probably never good. basically, to oversimplify, with top pair vs passive fish i should be looking to b/f 3 streets, vs maniac fish i should be looking to c/c 3 streets.

-- slowplaying sucks. it might be the single most unsatisfying thing in poker to flop huge, play it slow to grab a street or two of value, and realize when you see his cards you could have easily gotten all-in on the flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment