Friday, April 3, 2009

Good Tunes/Bad Poker (but there's more money in the poker)

Had a fun show tonight in Knoxville, TN. Real good energy on stage, and very supportive crowd. It was good last night in Georgia, too, so that's a couple in a row that didn't totally suck. Which is good, you know. If we weren't a bazillion miles from home I'd be fully intending to hit the last couple places up again soon. But we'll probably wait till we play that festival in Florida in November (a tour which I may not be on, but that's another thing altogether).

In poker news, I have now posted 19 straight winning sessions. The last few sessions my play has fallen off a fair bit. As much as I try to talk myself out of it, I seem to be unable to shake the feeling that I'm gonna hit whatever card I need. Or probably more accurately, the feeling my opponent's holding is going to be at the bottom of his range. Actually, the exact pattern that has developed over the last day or two is I play terrible at the beginning of the session, get down a buy-in or three, smarten/tighten up and grind my way back into positive territory, and then watch my game turn to shit again. So far I've been saved by coolers going my way, and the occasional suck out (especially my last session, I hit a miracle card or two and my opponents couldn't hit their combo draws). But my sole poker goal right now is to correct this trend without having to have a 5 or 10 buy-in losing session be the catalyst. Still happy with the overall development of my game, just gotta shake this winner's tilt. Like now.

3 comments:

  1. Why no Florida in November? I hear it is nice there that time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris, this is Oak,

    I tried pm'ing you on CP but its not working for some reason. I noticed you're playing 200NL now, and was just wondering if you use AIM or messenger? Thought it would be cool to chat with someone at the same stakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Oak. I don't AIM but I think I'm gonna have to start because people keep asking me. I'll PM you when I get it going.

    ReplyDelete