Friday, September 10, 2010

Dumped Into The Caribbean

So yesterday, with Henry tended to by the fine staff at "Baby Club Med", Rachel and I took a kayak out into the Caribbean. We went basically straight out, and the waves got pretty intense, and we were in very short order deposited unceremoniously into the sea. We had to get rescued (apparently the kayak was filled with water, which made it less useful, although that might have been code from our motor-boated rescuer for "I'm not leaving you two idiots this far out here").

It was embarrassing, but awesome! I think Rachel found it a little more embarrassing, given her history with boats, and she wanted to be in the back of the boat when we went back out. I refused, mainly because I didn't want a running commentary of my paddling technique, such as it is. I did get plenty of tips on how to avoid a repeat spill, but secretly I think she liked it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment