Friday, June 18, 2010

Goals

I'm an hour away from celebrating a milestone birthday. While I'm obviously cynical enough to feel these milestones are almost entirely arbitrary, that the true milestones in our lives don't occur at ten-year intervals, it still seems like a good occasion to set some goals. I'm hampered, happily, by the fact that things are going pretty darn good. And some things that I might find myself wishing for don't ultimately matter. I do have a couple, tho. On or around this time next year, I want to have:

!) run a marathon;
2) finished a novel-length work of fiction.

I have no expectations regarding how fast I run the marathon. And I certainly don't make guarantees as to the quality of the fiction. The goal is just to accomplish these things as best I can.

Oh, and start blogging more again. It's kinda fun, and it's a good break from my routines (day job-free as I am, I still have some pretty repetitive days).

1 comment:

  1. BMO Vancouver Marathon 2011? I would like to run one next year too.
    Love you, miss you, wish you were here with us tonight but respect and love that you have a fulfilling and creative job that takes you away from us on occasion.

    ReplyDelete