Sunday, November 8, 2009

Staked!

So it's official. For the first time ever, I'm playing teh pokerz on someone else's dime. It's kinda weird cause I'm not busto, I don't need the stake in terms of $, so I'm sure it doesn't make sense to some people. But at the end of the day it felt like a no-brainer. It's mainly, for me, about the coaching/mentoring/whatever, and the more we talked the better I felt about it. The only nagging thing in the back of my head is I've been on such a terrible run of luck that I wonder a bit if I would have felt quite differently about things a couple months ago. And truthfully, I'm sure it would have been a tougher decision. But I still think I would have done it.

I won't get into a lot of details, in part because I actually signed a confidentiality agreement with my staker. I'm the first person he's staked and he's giving me a ton of information (makes it seem, at least, like a lot of those video training coaches and whatnot do hold stuff back). But it's a standard staking agreement (he takes all the financial risk, we split proceeds 50/50) and it's tied to volume (as opposed to $ or time). So how long it lasts totally depends on how much I play.

Anyway, because I'm gonna be working closely with him, and because he wants me to keep a lot of the concepts on the down low, I won't have as much poker content in the blog. It won't be none, but I was pretty tired of my whining anyway, so it'll definitely be less. Sorry for any disappointment caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment