Thursday, August 15, 2013

You know a blog's in trouble when...

the blogger starts posting about how he's been neglecting his blog lately but he's gonna get back into it now.

Man, that's the kiss of death. Sometimes, in my search for potential Team Online members, I'll google about looking at poker player blogs. And they fall into two categories:

a) active
b) inactive

And if they're in category b, there's about a 50/50 chance that the most recent blog post (from, like, last February) is about how they're sorry they've let their blog slide but they're really going to recommit to it.

I knew this when I posted my last blog post (the first in a long long time), but I went ahead and made it about blogging more anyway. I was hoping that using that as a topic would shame me into returning to regular blogging, not wanting such a cliched post to exist as the most recent.

Well, it didn't work, at least not so far. OTOH, here I am. Sure, I'm still talking about stuff that more or less qualifies as what you'd expect to see from a blog's last days. But the fact that there's a new post counts for something, right?

Don't bury this, it's not dead yet.

Speaking of pointleslys throwing words into the internet abyss, I have started tweeting more. Follow me at yvrchris.


1 comment: