Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fallegro

Before the gig yesterday Trevor and I stopped in at this wine bar that is owned/operated by a coulpe who are supporters of the band. Turns out they have a young son as well (middle name Henry), so that's pretty much all we talked about.

We let Brett choose what to pour us (you wanna buy us a glass, you can pick the bottle) and I really loved what he chose. The bottle is called Fallegro, and it's made by an Italian winemaker named Gagliardo. I *think* he said the varietal was favorita, but I could be misremembering. It was delicious, kinda like a cross between a pinot and a riesling. But, you know, really good. Plus the bottle looked nice, so Brett sold me a couple for his cost (I'm only allowed to bring two back across the border without paying duty).

Of course, I can't really say it was my first drink of the evening, it might have tasted different if it was. I plan on finding out at home this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment